Foundation Stage consists out of Foundation Stage 1 (Pre-Kinder-ages 3 to 4) and Foundation Stage 2 (Kinder 1-ages 4 to 5).
Foundation Stage 2 (Kinder 1- ages 4-5)
Children of this age are ready to learn new skills and love to explore through hands-on activities. Our preschool curriculum is designed to develop important foundational skills like literacy, mathematical thinking and problem-solving while stimulating children’s creativity.
- Physical development and motor skills:
- Participate in physical activity daily and coordinate different body movements to catch and throw a ball and move through obstacle courses
- Help develop a plan for completing a multi-step project like building a community with blocks
- Language arts
- Describe familiar people,places,things and events with detail
- Retell a familiar story with the beginning,middle, and end in order
- Write his or her name as well as many other letters
- Create simple patterns and arrange objects according to size
- Perform simple addition and subtraction
- Science and Sensorial
- Use knowledge and personal experiences to predict outcomes of scientific experiments
- Socio emotional
- Seek out interactions with a variety of adults, with both new and familiar people
- Routinely share, take turns, and interact with other children in a respectful and helpful manner
- Showing appreciation for diversity
- Demonstrate an ability to resolve conflicts using words
- Creative arts
- Craft detailed works of art using various materials like paint and modeling clay
- Move to a tempo beat or style of music
Your childs typical day:
Having foundations in our toddlers group, for preschoolers channeling natural sense of curiosity into educational exploration is aimed. Our typical day includes:
- Math, language and literacy classes where preschoolers improve their foundational skills and enrich to build emerging language skills.
- Music and movement classes to expand childs vocabulary and listening skills.
- Outdoor play to burn off energy and develop motor skills
- Lunch and quiet time to nourish and rest.
- Full day programme includes 4 times nourishing a day.
At Kaspi preschool we are committed to maintaining 2 teachers for each group of students. You will receive everyday information of your child’s nutrition, sleeping and learning activities so you can rest assured that your early preschooler is progressing throughout the year.