KIS is open for admission to expatriate and Azerbaijani national students. The school accepts students who will benefit from its programmes. The granting or denial of admission is the joint responsibility of the Director and Head of Admissions in collaboration with the School Counselor. Applications for admission will be accepted throughout the school year. The maximum class size is 10-18 from ELC to P6. The maximum class size for Toddlers is 8.
According to the Ministry of Education of the Azerbaijani Republic, for the 2021/2022 academic year the cut‐off date for admission to any grade level group is December 31st.
Applicants are placed into a grade level according to birth date guidelines. Maturity, educational background and level of achievement are considered, but the school reserves the right to place each child in the class and grade level deemed to be the most appropriate and beneficial to that child. An observation period will occur to confirm the initial placement decision.
At KIS, we strive to make our admission process as straightforward as possible to ensure that all prospective parents enjoy a stress-free application experience.
Kaspi International School supports the academic, educational and developmental needs of children in the community. Our School admits students from any education system. The entrance exam is not a vital requirement for ages of P1-P2. However, suppose parents have any major educational, social, or developmental concerns about their child attending KIS. In that case, parents must discuss these concerns with the School Director before the child’s first day of class. A positive and appropriate learning environment must be established for each child. Kaspi International School only admits students that it feels can fit the School’s background, goals and ambitions. KIS fully reserves the right of admission.
Kaspi International School admits students with diagnosed or diagnosable special needs to a limited number of students. In these individual cases, the school reserves the right to require a Shadow Teacher. Suppose any services such as private tuition, speech & language therapy or personal assistants are needed. In that case, the School reserves the right to refuse admission on the grounds of not having adequate resources or levy these extra services at the sole expense of the parents.
WITHDRAWAL AND TERMINATION OF CARE
We believe that parents and guardians have put considerable time into knowing and choosing Kaspi International School for their child’s early years schooling. We strive to make the child’s experience with us a positive one. If a family must withdraw from the program, a written notice must be submitted to the School Admission Officer one month ahead.
Decisions concerning initial class placement are exclusively made by KIS and are designed to be academically and developmentally appropriate.
Kaspi International School can refuse admission of a student, re-enrolment or request the withdrawal of a student if:
● the student‘s best interests and needs cannot be met;
● the student‘s behaviour is deemed to jeopardize the welfare of the school community;
● educationally significant information is withheld from the School;
The School may initiate termination of care under various circumstances, and a written notice will be provided to the family, including but not limited to:
● Inability to pay the program fees up to date
● The failure of families to adhere to KIS policies and procedures, as stated in this
handbook and any future updates provided
● If a child puts Staff or other children’s safety at risk
● If the teachers feel the program is not meeting the needs of the child and/or family
● If a child is exhibiting aggressive and destructive behaviour which does not improve despite intervention.
KIS aims to pursue as many options and interventions to meet the needs of all the families enrolled in the School as possible. Written observations of children’s behaviour, interactions, development, interests, etc., will be kept on record in our effort to attempt to assist with any challenges the child may be experiencing. Additionally, written documentation of incident reports and the strategies used while handling these incidents will also be recorded by KIS staff and stored on the child’s file. There will be no refund of the remaining fees for the month of termination. Deposit fees will be refunded so long as there are no outstanding amounts on the family’s account.
Step 1: Admission Enquiry and Registration procedures:
The parents are requested to visit the School Admission Office, fill out the registration form Monday-Friday from 9:00 to 16:30. School Office Manager will assist you with all necessary information, conditions, documentation, and orientation walk around the School to understand the culture of the Institution.
Kindly carry one latest Passport size photo of the child and the parent along with a self-attested Date of Birth certificate.
Step 2: School Visit & Interaction with the School Director
A meeting can be scheduled with the School Director so parents can interact with the Head of the School, ask questions and collect any information they require.
Step 3: Form submission
The parent needs to fill up the admission form and ensure all documents are in order. Kindly intimate the school in case your child requires some special assistance due to any health reasons.
The following documents need to be submitted along with the Registration Form:
- Copy of the Birth Certificate/ID card
- Copy of Report Card of the previous year (P4-P7) and Student Personal File
- Copy of the parent ID card
List of documents required at the time of admission:
- Evidence of having graduated from the previous class (P4-P7)
- Two photos
- Proof of the family residence (for international students)
- Original Certificates may be produced at the time of admission for verification
- Photocopies of all achievement certificates in the field of Academics, Sports, Extra-Curricular activities.
Acceptance of Admission:
- Students are admitted on First Come; First Served basis depending on vacancies
- We conduct formal interviews with the child or the parent for P3, P4, P5, P6, P7 students.
- Selected candidates will be required to make the fee payment within three days of the declaration of the result.
- The admission testing takes place on Tuesday – 15:00 to 17:00 and Friday from 15:00-17:00. Parents will be provided with the final decision within three days.
- The School reserves the right to admissions. In all matters about entry, the decision of the Admission Committee (School Director, School Counselor, Teacher/Coordinator-Examiner) will be final.
Once the registration fee (15AZN) and documents are submitted, you will receive an Admission Confirmation call/email.
Parents will be asked to accept the offer of a school place directly with the School. This will not affect their position on any waiting list for a higher preference. Parents who do not wish to accept the offer or accept the offer within a reasonable time may have the place withdrawn. This may leave your child without a school place.
Parents will be intimated of the date and time of uniform & textbook issue.
Kindly inform the School of your joining date. This is mandatory because Staff need to be told to expect your child on a particular day, and they, in turn, need to make preparations accordingly.
Teachers will assist your child with the program outcomes which has been covered in the class to date.
Parents will be asked to accept the offer of a school place directly with the School. This will not affect their position on any waiting list for a higher preference or their right to appeal. Parents who do not wish to accept the offer or accept the offer within a reasonable time may have the place withdrawn. Moreover, this may leave your child without a school place.
Step 5: Payment of Fees
Once the above steps are satisfactorily completed, parents will receive an admission offer and pay the applicable fees to confirm admission.
The payment procedure and the list of necessary school supplies will be provided along with the Contract.
Step 6: Parent Orientation Program:
There will be a parent orientation program before the beginning of the new academic session. This program will acquaint the parents with the Vision & Mission of the School.